Policies: Access to Studios and Suites
In order to make this a pleasant experience for all, the following policies and procedures have been put in place to assist with the management of our post production facility and provide a safe environment for the students and equipment.
* Access to the School of Communications studios and suites will be granted only by electronic card swipe, through your university I.D card.
* Your Webster University student / faculty I.D. card has to be activated for access. Activation only need to take place once, or if you have replaced you ID, access is granted though the classes you are enrolled in. Webster University student / faculty I.D's may be obtained at the University Center front desk.
If you have any problems with your university ID access card put in a work order, on-line at, http://www.webster.edu/technology/workorders/place_workorder.html.
then choose "Technology Work Request". Include the information, room trying to access, time that you swiped, ID number and how we can contact you.
* In the event of a lost or stolen card you are expected to report it immediately to Public Safety so they can void the card and reissue you another. If loss is not reported you will be held accountable for any and all thefts, damages or misconduct performed with the card.
* Students can only access labs or editing suites that they are authorized to use. Such authorization will be encoded on your I.D. card. If you have problems or questions regarding your access level direct them to your instructor. If you have problems with your access card contact Media Services.
* You may not allow another person to use your card. Violation will result in permanent suspension of access privileges of all parties.
School of Communications and Media Services is granting media majors the privilege of “Extended Hours” access to post production facilities for two (2) weeks prior to mid-terms (if it's an 8 week class) and two (2) weeks prior to finals for 16 week class's. In order to make this a pleasant experience for all, the following policies and procedures have been put in place to assist with the management of our post production facility and provide a safe environment for the students and equipment.
* A limited number of exterior doors will be designated for “Extended Hours” (after midnight) use. The only doors that will be unlocked for access to the Sverdrup building will be the lobby doors facing Big Ben. Students that have extended hours access should enter and exit the Sverdrup building through these doors. This is for your safety and security of the facilities. Non-specified exterior doors cannot be propped open or unlocked. Violators will be subject to loss of privileges.
* Webster Public Safety will make frequent rounds and monitor the facility as a safe guard measure of both students and equipment. They are authorized to check I.D.'s and escort any unauthorized persons from facility. If asked to present your I.D. please be cooperative and remember this is for everyone’s safety.
* Media Services / the School of Communications reserves the right to suspend “Extended Hours” access if we find the privilege is being abused, i.e. equipment damage, theft, food-drink violations, trashed labs/studios, unauthorized student traffic, secured doors being propped open/unlocked, etc.
|| Media Services ||
Access to Studios || Hardware and Software
|| Alumni & Incomplete
|| Field Equipment || Studio
|| Reservation Guide ||
|| Fines || Equipment
|| Equipment Manuals ||
|| Links and Documents ||