* Edit suites and studios can be reserved in one (1) hour increments up to a maximum of (4) hours.
You may book only one like session at a time.
* To maintain the integrity of the facilities: DO NOT REWIRE, REPROGRAM, INSTALL SOFTWARE or HARDWARE on any workstation in studios or suites. Only IT DTS (Desktop Technical Services) staff will install all software or hardware. Violator will be subject to fines, loss of privileges and/or notification of department Chair and School of Communications Dean.
* Students are not allowed to open windows in the edit suites. If it is too warm or cold, please notify Media Services so we can take necessary steps to resolve the problem.
* FOOD, DRINK, OR SMOKING ARE NOT ALLOWED IN SCHOOL OF COMMUNICATIONS FACILITIES,
VIOLATORS WILL BE SUBJECT TO FINES AND/OR LOSS OF PRIVILEGES.
* Students can only check out equipment, studios or edit suites that they are authorized to use.
Such authorization is found on your media card. Questions should be directed to Media Services Supervisor or Assistant Director.
* Students who bring guests into Media Services facilities are responsible for the actions of the guests.
All guests must follow the same rules as students.
* When using studios or suites its your responsibility to pickup your trash and organize before you leave.
* You cannot have open flames, glitter or aquariums of water in any of the studios or suites.
* Report all malfunctions to Media Services, do not try to fix the problem yourself, fill out a trouble report as accurately as possible describing all actions you took leading up to the malfunction. Trouble reports (paper) can be found at Media Services front desk or work orders you need to go on line to, http://www.webster.edu/technology/workorders/place_workorder.html, select technology work request..
* No equipment or miscellaneous supplies can be signed out for use during Extended Hours. If you have equipment signed
out and are using it for post production activities it must be returned to Media Services front desk before office closes.
If projects require items from Media Services equipment room (i.e., sound carts, headphones, mikes)
they will be made available only during normal business hours, so plan ahead for your post-production needs.
* When returning equipment, you are expected to pack and wrap equipment in the proper manner even if it was not properly wrapped when you received it. If you are unsure how to package the equipment or where something belongs, please ask a Media Services personnel.
* All fines will be debited to your student account through the Business Office. All payments need to be paid at the
Business Office WH101. All fine grievances will be put in writing, for review by a appointed committee, before fines are levied.
Policies on non-linear editing storage - SV256
* Media Services and the School of Communication will not be responsible for any project stored on any non-linear editing machine.
* Students will save their projects to their firewire drives; any projects stored on the internal drives will be deleted at
maintenance times. Maintenance time will be at mid-semester breaks, spring break, fall break and end of semesters.
* Any student of faculty member using non-linear editing systems in SV256 can at any time delete any media stored on any storage devise, except software.
* The only storable media that will be allowed is file footage supply by the faculty member and labeled properly, example, VIDE 4270 Video Editing.
* To maintain the integrity of the facilities: DO NOT REWIRE, REPROGRAM, INSTALL SOFTWARE or HARDWARE on any workstation in studios or suites. Only IT DTS staff will install all software or hardware. Violator will be subject to fines, loss of privileges and/or notification of department Chair and School of Communications Dean.
|| Media Services || Access
to Studios || Hardware and Software
|| Alumni & Incomplete
|| Field Equipment ||
|| Reservation Guide ||
|| Fines || Equipment
|| Equipment Manuals ||
|| Links and Documents ||