Career Services empowers students to become independent job seekers and career managers by focusing on comprehensive career education. Career Services assists students in all stages of career development including:
- self evaluation
- encouraging experiential opportunities such as student employment, internships, co-ops and/or volunteering in the community
- major and career exploration
- obtaining accurate resource and labor market information
- career planning
- promoting skill building and experience to increase marketability in the workforce
- effective engagement in a variety of job search strategies
- graduate school decision-making
- adjusting to the world of work
By connecting students, faculty, staff, and employers to the career development process, Career Services supports students in making informed and fulfilling career decisions.
Alumni are entitled to receive all services for free up to six months post graduation. For example, if you graduated in May you may receive complimentary services until November of that same year. If you graduated in December, you may receive complimentary services until June of the following year.
Alumni who have graduated more than six months ago are entitled to the following complimentary services:
- Access to Career Services Web site tools and resources
- Access to Career Services online database, My Career Connection
- Access to career fairs and events