Associate Professor; Program Facilitator, Public Relations; Director, Graduate Studies and Online Programs
Communications and Journalism
St. Louis (Webster Groves)
Public Relations Campaigns, Strategic Communications and Public Relations, Writing for Public Relations, Financial Communications, Crisis Communications, Corporate Communications, Public Relations for Non-Profit Organizations, Speech Writing and Seminar in Media Communications.
MA in Business Management, Webster University; BJ, University of Missouri, School of Journalism
Ford Communications LLC, Weber Shandwick Worldwide, Mallinckrodt, Pfeiffer + Company, Southwestern Bell, Mayo Clinic/Mayo Foundation and Kansas City Kansan.
I've been teaching public relations, corporate communications and writing classes at Webster University for 19 years. With more than 20 years of experience in corporate communications and another 12 years of experience working in the news media, you might say I'm an expert on delivering communications to various internal and external audiences.
My professional experience includes a variety of positions:
- Corporate communications consultant through my own business, as well as at two public relations agencies, including Weber Shandwick Worldwide, the world's largest public relations agency;
- Director of corporation communications for Mallinckrodt, a medical products, chemical and pharmaceutical company;
- Corporate communications manager for Southwestern Bell;
- Communications specialist for Mayo Clinic/Mayo Foundation, the world's largest medical center;
- Managing editor of a metro daily newspaper; and,
- Reporter, editor, and photographer for newspapers and radio.
I enjoy preparing students for a rewarding career in public relations. My experience provides a context for students to use as they examine classroom materials on the various strategies and tactics necessary for good communications. My experience has taught me many things over the years, and I know it is valuable for my students as well.