The Webster University Global Internship Experience (GIE) offers domestic and multinational companies qualified, efficient, diligent and highly-motivated international interns from premier universities in Austria, China, Germany, Japan, Mexico, Switzerland, the Netherlands, and the United Kingdom. Additionally, the GIE offers corporations in the St. Louis area the opportunity to host Webster University F-1 international interns from a variety of cultural backgrounds. Please read the corporate brochure to learn more about the opportunity.
Global Internship Experience
Here are a few key facts about the program:
- Eight to twelve-week internship over the summer months
- J-1 visas are processed through the GIE, no additional paperwork needed
- More than 500 international interns have been placed since 1980
- Room and board are coordinated through the GIE office
Some corporate participants in the past ten years include:
- Anheuser-Busch InBev
- The Boeing Company
- Commerce Bank
- CPI Corporation
- Emerson Climate Technologies
- Forest Pharmaceuticals
- Edward Jones
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- GfK Kynetec
- Kansas City Southern, Kansas City
- Kwame Building Group
- Laclede Gas
- Lincoln Industrial Corporation
- MBS Textbook Exchange, Inc., Columbia
- MO Dept. of Economic Development
- Nestlé Purina Petcare
- St. Louis County Economic Council
- Scottrade, Inc.
- Seiler Instrument & Mfg. Company
- Spellman Brady and Company
- Thermadyne Holdings Corporation
Internships are business-oriented with some students dedicated to a single project for the entire internship while others fulfill a variety of assignments in different departments, e.g. accounting, marketing, human resources, etc.
The GIE recruits from Webster University campuses in London, Leiden, Geneva and Vienna, Cooperative State Universities–Baden-Württemberg in Germany, Kansai University in Japan, Instituto Tecnológico de Monterrey and Universidad Panamericana in Mexico, in addition to F-1 students studying at Webster University–St. Louis full-time.
Participants are carefully screened and interviewed by GIE staff and are selected based on their professionalism, English, business and computer skills, and flexibility. GIE participant resumes are provided to internship hosts and telephone interviews may be arranged.
A fee of $6,000 per intern to the Webster University GIE provides intern stipends and covers all services.
Contact GIE Assistant Director Libby Papineau at 314-246-5949 or email@example.com to discuss opportunities with the GIE.