The Teacher Leadership Certificate is for teachers who have a masters degree and wish to remain in the classroom while becoming more effective leaders in their school and district.
This program consists of 21 hours of post graduate credit that provides students with the skills, knowledge and dispositions for:
- Growing your professional understanding of curriculum
Managing projects that touch on:
- Collaborating with multiple stakeholders
- Serving multiple community audiences.
- Promoting parental involvement
- Addressing and managing human behavior in the presence of conflict.
- Making sense of legal institutions and how they impact schools and school social dynamics
• Making sense of legal institutions and how they impact schools and school social dynamics
The courses in this certificate program were developed for teacher leadership and are based on the Standards developed by the Council of Chief State School Officers (CCSSO).
This certificate does not lead to teacher certification or principal preparation and licensure.
|TELD 6020 Coaching, Mentoring, Evaluating||3 hours|
|SSSL 6032 or LEAD 6132 Politics of Schools||2 hours|
|SSSL 6029 or LEAD 6129 Curriculum & Instruction||2 hours|
|TELD 6000 Equitable Learning: Accessibility, Adaptation & Accommodation (Embedded Internship)||3 hours|
|TELD 6040 School Improvement||3 hours|
|TELD 6060 Culture & Diversity of Schools (Embedded Internship)||3 hours|
|SSSL 6024 or LEAD 6124 School Law||2 hours|
|SSSL 6123 or LEAD 6123 Action||2 hours|
|SSSL 6133 or LEAD 6133 Action Research II||2 hours|
Total Hours: 22
Students who are interested in applying to this certificate program should see the Admission Section of this catalog for general requirements.
Send all admission materials to
Office of Admission
470 East Lockwood Ave.
St. Louis, MO 63119
Completed application files will be reviewed by the Multidisciplinary Studies Department.