Inbox Optimization Procedures
Please see the links at the bottom of this page for step-by-step instructions
Clean out your Inbox and keep it clean
- The more messages you have in your Inbox the slower your email client will respond.
- Do not keep large messages in your Inbox, any message over 1MB should be moved out of the Inbox as soon as possible.
- Typical Inboxes should have less than 20 messages in them at any given time
Keep your send/receive frequency to a minimum
- Make sure you have your automatic send/receive set to 10 minutes or MORE.
- Do not click the button to send/receive messages frequently or repeatedly.
Do not keep messages on the server
- If you have your email client set to save your messages on the server after you have downloaded them to your computer, make sure they are deleted after a certain period of time.
Have your email open in only one place at a time
- If you have your email client open and want to open Connections mail, close your email client first
- Do not leave your email client running in your office/room/home if you expect to be checking your email at another location
Select Your E-mail Client: