Webster University Webmail
1. Go to https://webmail.webster.edu
2. Enter your Connections username and password
3. Choose your email server name. If you do not know it, click the Determine server name link next to the Server drop-down box. Then, follow the instructions displayed to find your server name.
Q: I don't see any attachment icons in my inbox
A: There is no attachment icon in the inbox view. While the attachment is there when you open the message the “paper clip” icon does not appear in the message list. A good way to tell if a message has an attachment is to look at the message size, which is listed on the right side of the screen in list view. Larger messages likely have attachments.
Q: Where is the resume button on a message draft?
A: There is no “resume” button for drafts. You can still save the message in your drafts folder and come back at any time and complete it, but the “resume” button is not available.
Q: Is Webmail compatible with my browser?
A: The Safari browser is not compatible with HTML message composition. The button for HTML composition will not appear if using Safari. Webmail has been tested with both Firefox and Internet Explorer and no major bugs have been found.
Q: I created a new email folder but it didn't show up in the folder list
A: When creating new email folders it takes up to five (5) minutes for the folder to appear in the folder list. This is the frequency at which webmail refreshes its connection to the server and will publish the new folder.
Q: I checked boxes to move/delete messages but the screen refreshed and now they are no longer checked.
A: The email list refreshes every thirty (30) seconds. If you are checking boxes to move or delete messages and have not performed the move/delete action when the refresh occurs the boxes will be unchecked. You must re-check the boxes to move or delete messages.
Q: What happened to the addresses I had saved in the previous version of Webmail?
A: Your address book from the previous version has already been transferred to the new version and will be available to you when you login.
Q: What happened to the "old" version of Webmail?
A: The “old” version of webmail will be available until approximately October 19, 2008 at http://webmail2.webster.edu. We strongly encourage you to use the new version of webmail as soon as possible.
1. Logon to Connections (http://connections.webster.edu)
2. Click on the Content/Layout link in the upper left corner
3. Click on Add New Tab
4. When the new tab creation screen appears type in Webmail in the tab name
5. Choose "Framed" as the tab type and type in http://webmail.webster.edu in the box to the right of that option
6. Choose the location for your tab
7. Click Submit
8. Click on Back to My Connections Tab
9. Webmail will now show up as a tab in your Connections
10. When you click on the Webmail tab you will see the Webmail logon screen, proceed with logging on to webmail as you normally would.