Campus Email Lists Parameters
Campus Announcements and Discussions
Members: Staff and full-time faculty (receive daily emails), Students (blog access only)
Locations: All Campuses
Webster Today is your up-to-date source for communication of events, announcements and stories of Webster University. All staff members receive a daily email digest, which is an abridged collection of items posted to the blog the day before. Webster Today also provides a blog, which is a regularly updated site that you can check at any time. For more information on Webster Today and how to submit announcements, visit http://blogs.webster.edu/webstertoday/
The following topics are good examples of considered posts:
- University sponsored events
- Faculty reviews
- Professional achievements
- University policy changes
- Campus or facilities closings, changes of hours, outages and planned maintenance
- Special announcements from the Executive Office or from a Vice Presidential Office
- The availability of, or corrections to, University publications, including course schedule changes
- The death of a student, an employee, or the close family member of a student or an employee ("Sad News" is encouraged for use as the e-mail subject heading)
- The birth of a child to an employee (“Happy News” is encouraged for use as the e-mail subject heading)
Members: Staff and faculty who choose to subscribe
Locations: Home campus (Webster Groves) and other St. Louis area campuses; other locations upon request
The St. Louis Discussion list is a forum for discussion of topics that interest members of the University community. Faculty and staff may join or opt out of this list by following instructions in the footer of each message.
The following guidelines have been developed to facilitate the appropriate use of the University Discussion list:
- Only Webster University administration, staff and full-time faculty using an "@webster.edu" e-mail address may post messages to the list.
- Always include the topic in the e-mail subject heading.
- Messages should not exceed 750 KB (kilobytes).
Although the Discussion list is not moderated, these items are inappropriate for the Discussion list:
- Commercial use of the list by individuals (e.g., the sale of belongings or services, advertisements, or links to web sites promoting a personal business)
- Posts that violate Webster University policies
For information on how to post a message or subscribe to a list, see the Lists FAQ page.