Managing your Spam and Quarantine Settings
- Once you logon, click on the Preferences tab along the top
In the preferences tab, you have 3 more tabs
- Quarantine Settings
- Spam Settings
- To add someone to your whitelist or blacklist, simply type in their email address in the appropriate box and click the "Add" button. Below each section (whitelist and blacklist) it will show the addresses and/or domains you have whitelisted and blacklisted
- To remove someone from your whitelist or blacklist, click the trashcan icon next to the address
Click on the Quarantine Settings tab
In the Quarantine Settings section you have three options:
- Enable Quarantine
You have two settings in this section, Yes and No.
If you set your Quarantine Enable to "Yes", messages that the server is "pretty sure" are Spam will be sent to your Quarantine Inbox instead of your email client inbox. Messages are kept in quarantine for 15 days before being permanently deleted.
If you set your Quarantine enable to "No" messages the server is "pretty sure" are Spam will be delivered to your email client inbox with a prefix of [QUAR] in the subject line. Messages that the server thinks might be Spam but is not sure, are tagged with [SPAM] in the subject line and delivered to your regular email inbox.
- Quarantine Notification
This is where you set if you wish to receive a notification from the server that you have messages in your Quarantine Inbox.
You can set this notification to daily, weekly or never and can choose to specify another email address which the server will send the notification to (it defaults to your Webster address). Messages are kept in quarantine for 15 days before being permanently deleted.
- Default Language
Here you may choose the default language in which messages are displayed. Make sure that you click the "Save Changes" button after making any change in any section.
- Click on the Spam Settings tab
- There is only one option on this section you consider.
- For Enable Spam Filtering you have two options, "Yes" and "No"
If you choose "Yes" all of your incoming email messages will be scanned, scored and tagged.
If you choose "No" none of your incoming messages will be scanned scored or tagged.
Please Note: Setting the Spam Filtering to "No" overrides the "Yes" and "No" in the Quarantine Settings.
Make sure that you click the "Save Changes" button after making any change in any section.
- It is not recommended that you reset or upload any Bayesian scores without checking with the Help Desk and/or a technician.