- How do I obtain my WebCT username and password?
- I started a quiz or exam and my browser locked up or my computer froze; now I can’t get back into the quiz. What do I do?
- I uploaded an assignment but the professor says they cannot see it.
- I can’t see this week’s assignment.
- When I try to login to WebCT, I get and error message that says "invalid or incorrect username/password".
- What are the technical requirements for taking an online class?
- I’ve enrolled for my WebCT course, how do I get my textbooks?
- How do I contact my instructor?
- I posted a discussion message but it is not showing up.
- Someone said they sent me email in my WebCT course but I can’t see it.
- How do I know if my browser is compatible with WebCT?
- I cannot access the Chat tool.
- I cannot access the Whiteboard.
- My Discussions and/or Quizzes will not open.
- I cannot see my grade for a quiz or assignment.
- How do I get my final grade?
- I can logon to WebCT but I cannot see my courses.
- How do I enroll in the online writing center course?
- How do I enroll in the Webster Community Forum?
- I submitted my quiz but the professor says it has not been taken.
- My quiz or assignment was not graded correctly.
- I am getting an error when I try to open an assignment.
- How do I enroll in online classes?
- When I open my Discussion Topic, all I see is a blue right pointing triangle.
- What's my WebCT e-mail address? I need it to submit an assignment. I can check my mail but I don't know the address.
- Can I forward my WebCT internal email to an external email address?
I started a quiz or exam and my browser locked up or my computer froze; now I can’t get back into the quiz. What do I do?Contact your professor to have the quiz reset.
When I try to login to WebCT, I get an error message that says "invalid or incorrect username/password".You need to first ensure that you have obtained your Connections account. This is the username and password used to access the portal and WebCT. You can setup your account by visiting http://connections.webster.edu/myaccount. If you have forgotten or need to reset your password, you can do so by visiting the URL above and clicking on the button that says "I've Forgotten My ID or Password" and following the onscreen instructions in resetting your password.
After setting up your account and/or making sure you are using the correct username and password, you will then want to make sure that it is not before the logon date for the class. Different programs have different dates that you are able to first logon to WebCT to access your course. To view these dates, you can visit the Academic Calendar. Course and registration information for courses are not loaded into WebCT until the listed date. Therefore, if you try to logon before the specified date, you may receive the incorrect username or password error message. If you wish to learn more about WebCT and the tools available for students and how to use them in order to prepare yourself for your course, it is highly recommended to go through the online student tutorial located at http://www.webster.edu/online/onlinetutorial.php.
If it is on or past the logon date for your class and you are still receiving this error message, you will want to make sure you are entering your logon information correctly. Usernames and passwords are case-sensitive. SmithJoe is not the same thing as smithjoe. Please make sure your caps lock key is turned off and try entering your logon information again.
If you still receive this error message, please call the Help Desk at 314-968-5995 or 866-435-7270 for further assistance.
http://www.webster.edu/online/techreq.php?section=students. http://www.webster.edu/online/textbooks.php?section=students. http://www.webct.com/tuneup. OR, upon logging in to WebCT, click on the Check Browser link located at the upper right of the page. Visit the preceding link for more in depth discussions and documentation on browser compatibilities. http://www.java.com/en/download/windows_automatic.jsp. If that does not resolve the problem, try temporarily disabling any firewalls or security programs (IMPORTANT - Do not forget to re-enable it when completed) or check your software documentation to find out how to allow exceptions for certain web sites. If you need additional information, please call the Help Desk at 314-968-5995 or 866-435-7270. http://www.java.com/en/download/windows_automatic.jsp. If that does not resolve the problem, try temporarily disabling any firewalls or security programs (IMPORTANT - Do not forget to re-enable it when completed) or check your software documentation to find out how to allow exceptions for certain web sites. If you need additional information, please call the Help Desk at 314-968-5995 or 866-435-7270. http://www.webct.com/tuneup/viewpage?name=tuneup_browser_tuneup_windows_ie#prepare. online information account (not WebCT) or contact the Registrar's Office at (314) 968-7450 or 1-800-987-3447. Academic Calendar to make sure that the current date is on or after the logon date for your course. You will not be able to access any of your courses until the date listed on the Academic Calendar. If it is on or past the official logon date for the course, please check your online information account to make sure you are registered for the class or you can call the Help Desk at 314-968-5995 or 866-435-7270 for further assistance. Academic Resource Center. email or by phone at 314-961-2660 x8081. Or you can enroll online the same way you would the Student Orientation Center by visiting http://www.webster.edu/worldclassroom/login.html and clicking on the button that says Enroll in WebCT Student Tutorial. There is an option to enroll for the Webster Community Forum after following the instructions. http://www.webct.com/tuneup. If you are using a supported browser, you may contact the Help Desk at 314-968-5995 or 866-435-7270 for further assistance. http://www.webster.edu/admissions.html. If you are enrolled with Webster and are interested in our online programs, please visit http://www.webster.edu/online/dropadd.php?section=students for information on how to register.