Read on to learn more about becoming a Resident Assistant for the 2013-2014 academic year.
WHAT IS A RESIDENT ASSISTANT?
The Resident Assistant (RA) supplements and complements the process of formal education by enhancing the quality of life in the residential community. The RA provides leadership for all residents and assists in planning of educational and social activities that make the group living experience support student learning & retention. The RAs are vital members of our team and are our front lines for communication and development of our residential students.
Read the RA Job Description for more details!
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF BECOMING AN RA?
- Meet new people
- Develop leadership skills
- Plan fun events
- Build your resume with transferable skills in communication, critical thinking, emergency response, conflict resolution, administrative tasks, and more
- Free housing and a stipend
WHERE DO I APPLY?
You must attend one of our informational sessions to receive an application packet.
These sessions are taking place:
- Tuesday, November 13, 4-5pm, WVA Clubhouse
- Sunday, November 18, 7-8pm, WVA Clubhouse
- Thursday, January 17, 9:30-10:30pm, UC Sunnen Lounge
If you cannot attend an RA Info Session, you must schedule a meeting with Katie Knetzer to go over the information. You can set up a meeting by calling Katie at 314-246-2031 or emailing her at email@example.com.
WHAT IS THE TIMELINE?EARLY PROCESS--If you will be studying abroad in the Spring 2013 semester but want to be considered for an RA position in 13-14 academic year, you must go through the Early Process:
- Tuesday, December 4: Early Process Applications Due in the WVA Clubhouse Office before 5:00PM
- Thursday, December 6: Early Process Individual Interviews
- Friday, December 7: Early Group Process from 2-5pm
REGULAR PROCESS--This is the normal timeline for all students interested in a position for the 2013-2014 academic year.
- Tuesday, January 29, 2013: Completed Applications DUE in the WVA Clubhouse Office before 5:00PM
- Friday, February 8, 2013: Group Process Interviews from 5-8pm
- February 10-12, 2013: Individual Interviews
- Friday, February 15, 2013: Hiring Notifications Emailed to all Candidates
WHO CAN ANSWER MY QUESTIONS?
If you have any additional questions or comments, please feel free to contact Katie Knetzer at 314-246-2031 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Another option is to talk with your RA or an RA you know, or any ResLife professional staff member, to learn more about what it means to be an RA.
You can also speak to any member of the RA Selection Committee. Photos and contact info to come!