Accreditations & Recognitions
Webster University is accredited by:
The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of:
The North Central Association
The accreditation, which was awarded in 1925, includes undergraduate and graduate levels at all locations where the University offers programs.
- Music degrees are fully accredited and approved by the National Association of Schools of Music.
- Nursing degrees are accredited by the National League for Nursing.
- Webster University is registered for state teachers certificates by the Department of Education of the State of Missouri and is approved by the National Board for Certified Counselors, Inc. as a continuing education provider.
- The legal and paralegal programs are approved by the American Bar Association (ABA).
- The nurse anesthesia program is accredited by the Council on Accreditation (COA) of nurse anesthesia educational programs.
- China: The Webster University M. B.A. program, offered in partnership with the Shanghai University of Finance and Economics, is officially approved by the Degrees Committee of the State Council of China.
- Thailand: Webster University in Thailand is a recognized, or accredited, private university under Thai law.
- Austria: Webster University in Vienna is a recognized, or accredited, private university under Austrian law.
Webster University holds membership in the following organizations or associations:
- AACSB InternationalThe Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business
- American Association for Paralegal Education
- American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN)
- American Association of Colleges of Teacher Education (AACTE)
- American Council on Education
- Association of American Colleges and Universities (AAC&U)
- Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs
- Association of Theatre in Higher Education
- College Art Consortium
- College Consortium for International Studies
- College Entrance Examination Board
- Council for Adult and Experiential Learning (CAEL)
- Council of Independent Colleges (CIC)
- Council on International Educational Exchange
- Educational Theatre Association
- Higher Education Council of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Independent Colleges and Universities of Missouri
- Institute of International Education
- International Council of Fine Arts Deans
- Missouri Music Educators Association
- National Education Association
- National League for Nursing
Webster University has been designated as an institutional member of Service Members Opportunity Colleges, a group of more than 400 colleges and universities providing voluntary postsecondary education to members of the military throughout the world.
As a member of SOC, Webster University recognizes the unique nature of the military lifestyle and has committed itself to easing the transfer of relevant course credits, providing flexible academic residency requirements, and crediting learning from appropriate military training and experiences. SOC has been developed jointly by educational representatives of each of the Armed Services, the Office of the Secretary of Defense, and a consortium of 13 leading national higher education associations; it is sponsored by the American Association of State Colleges and Universities, and the American Association of Community and Junior Colleges.
Graduates of Webster University are eligible for membership in the:
American Association of University Women
American College of Hospital Administrators
The University also holds appropriate licensure, accreditations, or approvals within the recognized state approval agencies for all locations where Webster University offers programs. See the online Graduate Catalog for more information.