Online Professional Graduate Certificate in Government Contracting
Webster University, in partnership with the Defense Acquisition University (DAU), has developed a professional, graduate level certificate in Government Contracting. This certificate program is designed for those new to the field of government contracting. This program:
- Has "package"” equivalency with five (5) Level I DAU CON courses and with five (5) Level II DAU CON courses
- Meets training and education requirements for Levels I and II of the DOD Contracting Career Certification Standards Checklist, and
- Fulfills credit requirements (18 of 36) for Webster University's Master of Arts Degree in Procurement and Acquisitions Management.
Instructors for the Graduate Certificate in Government Contracting are from Webster's worldwide faculty pool and possess significant professional credentials as Engineer Officer, Production Officer, and Procurement Officer in the United States Army; Defense Costs, Pricing and Negotiations from the U.S. Naval Training Center; a variety of organizations, including the National Contract Management Association, Council of Logistics Management, and the American Association of Port Authorities, as well as in such industries as transportation, government sales, imaging and mapping.
Government Contracting Program & Course Syllabi
The Professional Graduate Certificate in Government Contracting requires satisfactory completion of the 18 credit hours listed below. In addition, the student can apply these courses towards the Master of Arts in Procurement and Acquisitions Management (36 credit hours), the Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) with an emphasis in Procurement Management (minimum of 48 credit hours - with the Government Contracting certificate a minimum of 56 hours)
Equivalent courses taken must have a grade of B or better to qualify for DAWIA professional certification.
Certificate FIT with DAU Course Equivalencies
|Webster Course||Credits||Has Equivalency With DAU Courses
January 1, 2008- July 30, 2013
(Must become certified before September 30, 2013.)
|PROC 5000 - Procurement and Acquisitions Management||3||Level I Courses
CON 100 Shaping Smart
CON 110 Mission Support
CON 111 Mission Planning
CON 112 Mission Performance
CON 120 Mission Focused
Level II Courses
CON 214 Business Decisions
CON 215 Intermediate Contracting
for Mission Support
CON 216 Legal Considerations
CON 217 Cost Analysis and
CON 218 Advanced Contracting
for Mission Support
|PROC 5830 - Pricing||3|
|PROC 5840 - Negotiations||3|
|PROC 5890 - Government Procurement Law||3|
|PROC 5860 Government Contracting||3|
|PROC 5870 Pricing and Contract Integration||3|
- The certificate program is for package equivalency. A student must complete all of the Webster courses before receiving recognition for the equivalent DAU courses.
- This certificate program requires that all courses be completed through Webster University. DAU courses cannot be applied to the Webster Certificate.
- All certification requirements can be accessed through http://icatalog.dau.mil/onlinecatalog/CareerLvl.aspx. See Contracting, Levels I and 2 for a complete list of requirements
- For additional information on obtaining certification, go to http://icatalog.dau.mil/onlinecatalog/faq_catalog.asp
- An option for contracting personnel who already have level II certification in contracting is our DAU cooperative agreement.
Questions about equivalencies can be sent to Barbara Downs, Coordinator, DAU Programs at Webster University. Further information about the Webster DAU Strategic Partnership can be found at www.webster.edu/dau.
View the Graduate Course Catalog for complete descriptions of these courses and the PROC program. Only the courses listed on this web page are offered online.