- 27 general education credit hours
- 42 business core curriculum credit hours
- 9 upper-level School of Business and Technology credit hours
- 50 elective credit hours
The bachelor of science (BS) in business administration covers the breadth of business-related disciplines as defined in the business core curriculum. The major does not provide a specific specialization but rather exposes the student to various business functions. This major is ideally suited to the new or transfer upper-division business student or for the student interested in concurrently pursuing another area of study. In addition to the business core curriculum, BS in business administration students will choose any 3 upper-level 3000-4000 courses (9 hours) from the School of Business and Technology.
- Students use information, analytical tools, and problem-solving skills to make well-reasoned business decisions, considering both quantitative factors and qualitative factors such as ethical considerations.
- Students can perform statistical and quantitative analysis.
- Students make decisions accounting for risk and qualitative factors.
- Students can evaluate the impact of business decisions on a firm's stakeholders.
- Students can perform financial analysis.
- Students can prepare financial statements and reports.
- Students can analyze financial information and evaluate the affect of decisions on the firm's financial performance.
- Students can develop strategies addressing the legal, ethical, economic and global environment in which the enterprise operates.
- Students can analyze the impact of pricing and production decisions considering market structure.
- Students can analyze the impact of macroeconomic events on the economic environment in which business operates.
|MATH 1430 College Algebra||3 hours|
|ACCT 2010 Financial Accounting||3 hours|
|ACCT 2025 Managerial Accounting||3 hours|
|BUSN 2750 Introduction to Statistics||3 hours|
|MNGT 2100 Management Theory and Practice||3 hours|
|ECON 2030 Principles of Macroeconomics||3 hours|
|ECON 2020 Principles of Microeconomics||3 hours|
|FINC 3210 Principles of Finance||3 hours|
|CSIS 3410 Information Analysis||3 hours|
|MNGT 3280 Introduction to Business Law||3 hours|
|MNGT 3450 Organizational Behavior||3 hours|
|MNGT 3500 Marketing||3 hours|
|BUSN 4110 Operations Management||3 hours|
|BUSN 4990 Business Policy||3 hours|