Payroll Tax Cut Extended to the End of 2012; Revised Payroll Tax Form Now Available to Employers - Click here to read more - New!
Business Mileage Rate Increases to 55.5 Cents on July 1, 2011
Citing "recent gasoline price increases," the IRS has increased the standard business mileage rate from 51 cents to 55.5 cents a mile for all business miles driven from July 1 through December 31, 2011. The rate for deductible medical or moving expenses is increased from 19 cents to 23.5 cents a mile.
Use Direct Deposit
• Your pay goes straight into your bank account.
• No waiting in line at the bank drive-thru, idling your car and
releasing dangerous ozone-depleting emissions.
• Your money is always there on payday, even when you're on
vacation.To sign up for direct deposit, ask your company's payroll
Direct Deposit Facts
• It's convenient. You don't have to go to the bank to cash your
• It's safe. No more lost, stolen or misplaced checks. (Did you know
that nearly 4 million paychecks are lost or stolen each year?)
• It's reliable. Your money will be available the morning of the
payment or sooner.
• It saves time. Did you know that people spend as much as 24
hours each year waiting in line to cash their paychecks?
• You can get your paycheck even when you are out sick or out of
town – reassured that the checks you've written will clear.
• It helps you manage your money. You can usually have your
paycheck deposited directly into more than one account (such as a
checking and a savings account), thus helping you set up a savings
But, according to NACHA-The Electronic Payments Association, the most important reason of all to use Direct Deposit is that it benefits all of us –consumers, companies and the country. Thirty years of success prove that Direct Deposit is safe, confidential, and allows you to easily manage your finances.