If you do not have a base pass you will need to contact our office, then go to the Visitor's Center at the Shiloh Gate.
From St. Louis to the Shiloh Gate:
- Take 64 East to Exit 19A (Highway 158)
- Pass though the first stop light.
- Get into the left lane and make a left at the next light (Seibert Rd.).
- Follow this road up to the Shiloh Gate.
From the Shiloh Gate to our office:
- Continue on Scott Dr.
- Pass through the first stop light.
- Get into the right lane and make a right at the next stop light (W. Birchard St.)
- Pass though the stop light, the gas station is to your left
- Make a left in front of Burger King
- Find a parking spot
- Enter the large brick building to the left of Burger King through the double doors labeled "Education Center".
Click below to access a map with detailed directions to get to Webster University's Scott AFB campus. The map includes the approach to Scott AFB, stopping at the Visitor's Center for a base entry pass (special authorization from our campus required), entering the base, and point of references to get to our campus site.
Base Entry Procedures
Base security measures require that each term civilian, non DOD affiliated students obtain laminated picture ID cards issued from the Shiloh Gate Visitor Control Center in order to obtain entry onto Scott AFB for class.
- ALL WEBSTER STUDENTS NEEDING A PASS MUST COMPLETE AND RETURN THEIR “CONSENT FOR BACKGROUND CHECK” FORM NO LATER THAN TWO WEEKS PRIOR TO THE BEGINNING OF EACH TERM.
- Civilian students will be required to apply for picture ID cards for each term of enrollment.
- Civilian students will need to complete a “Consent for Background Check” form. This form must have your original signature therefore it cannot be faxed or emailed to our office. Please contact our office for a copy of this form.
- If you are a late registrant, you will need to come by our office for documentation to take to the visitor's center.
- A student/faculty pass is only valid for the person to which it was issued.
- Passes will only be valid 30 minutes before and 30 minutes after your scheduled class time.
- Passes are only to be used to go directly from the gate and directly to class and return.
- If you loose your pass you must report the loss to the Visitor's Control Center
Obtaining a Term Base Entry Picture ID
In order to obtain your term Base Entry picture ID at the Visitor's Control Center (VCC) you must:
- Have authorization from Webster University's Scott AFB office.
- Go to the Visitor's Control Center no sooner than 3 days prior to the first night of your course.
- Request a base entry pass from the VCC to attend Webster University classes.
- Pass a background check completed on the spot at the VCC.
- Provide a valid driver's license, current vehicle registration, and current vehicle insurance card. (These must be in your possession at all times while operating a motor vehicle base.)
Visitor's Control Center
The Visitor's Control Center is located just inside the Shiloh gate on the left. Their hours are:
- 6 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday-Friday
- 8 a.m. to Noon, Saturday
During operating hours the Visitor Control Center will provide the following services:
- Issue visitor passes;
- Enroll personnel in the Biometrics system for METRO link gate entry; and,
- Issue all contractor, vendor, & visitor passes.
Phone number to reach the VCC is 256-2008.
If you have additional questions about the aforementioned procedures please contact the Webster office.