Student Health Insurance Program
All international students on F-1 or J-1 visa attending Webster University in the United States are required to enroll in the Webster University Student Health Insurance plan.
- Upon registration for classes all international students are automatically enrolled in the Student Health Insurance plan and the charge for the insurance is applied to the student account.
- Students are required to complete the health insurance registration process by submitting an enrollment form indicating the term/date of enrollment in the insurance plan.
- Click on Download the Enrollment form(below) to access the current health insurance enrollment form
- Enrollment forms must be sent to the Student Health Services Insurance Coordinator by email: email@example.com, or faxed to: 314 246-2399, or mailed to the address on the form.
- International students that are sponsored by their government or by a corporation are exempt from this health insurance requirement. This exemption is determined by the International Services Director at Webster University.
- Failure to complete an enrollment form will result in a financial hold to be placed on your student account.This financial hold will jeopardize your housing placement and/or will restrict your ability to register or make changes to your current or future class schedule.
Residential domestic students living on the Webster University main campus in St. Louis Missouri and all Nurse Anesthesia students must submit to the Student Health Services Department proof of current health insurance. This is an annual requirement.
- Residential domestic students are required to send to the Student Health Services Department a copy of the student’s current health insurance card.
- Submit a copy of both the front and back of the card.
- Include the student’s full name and student ID number on the copy of the health insurance card.
- Residential domestic students are responsible to maintain a health insurance plan that is accepted by medical providers within the St. Louis area.
- Student Health Services recommends that all residential students check with your current health care provider to verify health insurance coverage and benefits through your health insurance company while attending Webster University in St. Louis, Mo.
- Failure to submit a copy of the health insurance card will result in the student’s enrollment in the Webster University Student Health Insurance plan and the student’s account will be charged for this health insurance plan.
Eligibility criteria for enrollment in the Webster University Student Health Insurance Plan
The following students are eligible for enrollment in the student health insurance plan:
- Domestic students living in campus housing
- International students studying in the United States under F-1 and J-1 visas
- Nurse anesthesia students currently enrolled in program courses
- Undergraduate students enrolled in 9 credit hours per semester
- Undergraduate students enrolled in at least one course during the summer session
Graduate student’s criteria for enrollment in the student health plan:
- Graduate students are required to enroll in 9 credit hours per academic year and the starting date of the student’s current year academic courses will determine the starting date of enrollment in the student health insurance plan.
- Enrollment in the student health plan for graduate students is activated when the graduate student begins their current course of study.
Highlights of the 2012–2013 health insurance plan can be found here.
The 2012–2013 Student Health Insurance Premiums are listed below and are charged to your student account.
|2012–13 Student Health Insurance Premiums|
|Title||Coverage Period||Premium||Enrollment Ends|
United Healthcare Student Resources Contact Information
United Health Care Student Resources provides the Student Injury and Sickness Medical Insurance plan for Webster University.
For questions about the plan or to verify coverage, please call United Healthcare Student Resources Customer Service at 800-767-0700.