Students in this major are focused on applying their technical skills to design, create, and test mobile applications. They will learn programming skills necessary to become proficient in developing mobile applications. These individuals are at the center of mobile development. They will be qualified to analyze, design, implement and test mobile applications as well as develop the required skills to maintain and update existing mobile applications.
Graduates from this program will be able to apply their computing knowledge and technical understanding to move an organization into the mobile computing arena.
At the end of this program students will be able to:
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills in the field of computer science.
- Demonstrate the ability to solve problems related to the program content.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the concepts and principles of software systems.
- Analyze, design and document a system component using appropriate computer science techniques and models.
- Make a formal presentation of a software system project including the demonstration of a working application.
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of advanced mobile computing and development techniques.
A minimum of 128 credit hours consisting of the following:
- 48 required credit hours
- Applicable university global citizenship or general education program hours
At least 18 of the required 36 computer science credit hours must be taken at Webster University. All upper-level courses must be taken at Webster University.
|COSC 1550 Computer Programming I||3 hours|
|COSC 1560 Computer Programming II||3 hours|
|COSC 1570 Math for Computer Science||3 hours|
|COSC 2050 Java||3 hours|
|COSC 2060 Advanced Java||3 hours|
|COSC 2070 Introduction to Mobile Technology||3 hours|
|COSC 2610 Operating Systems||3 hours|
|COSC 2670 Telecommunications||3 hours|
|COSC 2810 Systems Analysis and Design||3 hours|
|COSC 3340 Mobile Computing I||3 hours|
|COSC 3350 Mobile Computing II||3 hours|
|COSC 3410 Computer Security||3 hours|
|COSC 4110 Database Concepts||3 hours|
|COSC 4120 Database Applications||3 hours|
|COSC 4510 Mobile Development I||3 hours|
|COSC 4520 Mobile Development II||3 hours|