12322: Re: 12314: Mohammed's Religion in Haiti-Dorce to Dotie Joseph (fwd)

From: LAKAT47@aol.com

In a message dated 6/14/02 2:24:36 PM Pacific Daylight Time,  Dotie Joseph
<dotiej@hotmail.com>writes:

<< Whoa, talk about trying to rewrite history. I wonder what's egging this
 particular Islam-Haitian revolution theory on. I dunno, but it seems fishy
 to me and I'm just not buying it--now Boukman was supposed to be Muslim?
 Hmmm... >>
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
I couldn't agree with you more Dotie.  It sounds so American to me to bring a
new religion to Haiti and muck up things that are already dire.  As if a new
God is the answer to Haiti's woes!  Lord save us from new Lords!  (I am
painfully aware of that irony!)  Haiti is not in trouble because her people
worship the wrong God in the wrong way.  It is humans being inhumane to other
humans that are the problem.  And pardon me if I sound disrespectful, but
Islam is hardly free of man's inhumanity to man.  Far from it.  Most of the
major religions have abused people in the name of their God.  If I thought
the precepts of Islam would change human nature so that they would change
their ways to see each other in loving ways I would be all for it.  But I
fear it would be used as another way to divide and restrict behavior.  As for
Bwa Kayman......please.  That is Vodou, any way you look at it.  Sorry, but
you can't rewrite history.  Well you can, but you shouldn't.

Kathy Dorce~