12353: Re: 12336: Re: 12333: Statues to honor Haitian

From: Cleo714@aol.com

Amazing interchange between Manigat and St Vil.  I love to read what our
thinkers put out. Sincerely.
I am left still wondering were they or were they not Haitian? Africans
brought
to Haiti are still Africans?  When did I become Haitian, then?  But once
they'd
lived and breathed and bled the land of Haiti, (not to be taken as though
they
had taken advantage of Haiti but that Haiti was in their blood) , they
then
qualified as being Haitian? When did I become Haitian, as opposed to an
African
child born of African parents on the land of Haiti?  I thought I was born
Haitian.  I thank God for the ferocity of my African-Haitian progenitors
who
fought so valiantly for freedom wherever they were.  BUt please, don't
tellme I
need to become "hyphenated now!  (Tongue-in cheek).  Again, thanks for the
thought that goes in your writings.  I love it!
Whoever these men were, let's honor them...And while we're at it, I wonder
if
there were not one or two Haitian-African women who went along with them
who
might not deserve some validation also....