12483: A classic reply from Senou: Student preparation to study Haiti and..... Laleau an d Corbett reply (fwd)

From: Senou <senou@yahoo.com>

There is nothing wrong that, people may have other
priority. Don’t get upset. There are many small
countries in the world I don’t even know where they
are located. Do you think I care? No. Is this a reason
to say I don’t know my geography? Nonsense. Since you
are with them and you may have some types of
interaction, your job is to inform them. I know how
passionate you are about Haiti, the second independent
country in the new world, first Black Country that had
broken the chain of slavery. It is fascinating for you
but others may not give a crap about it. For instance,
I like American football but others may consider it a
wild game.
You just need to educate those within your reach.
10 Questions

1) The United States had proclaimed its independence
on July 4, 1776; name the citizens of two countries
who had helped out?
Haitian and French

2)  Yes or No
  Is there any connection between Georgia and Haiti
(Historical perspective)? Yes

3) Can someone elaborate on the siege of Savannah,
specifically September 24, 1779?
The coalition Franco-American were forced to retreat
after losing a considerable men close to 1133 (312
U.S. soldiers and 821 French) At that time Colonel
Maitland had decided to pursuit the coalition force in
order to exterminate them. The Haitians fighters
intervene and force the British soldiers to return to
their original position.

4) Who had founded the city of Chicago in 1779 and
where he is from?
Haitian immigrant Jean-Baptiste Point du Sable
establishes Chicago's first permanent settlement near
the mouth of the Chicago River.

5) What is the second independent country in this
continent? Haiti

6) Which country in this continent in the early 19th
century had fought for the freedom of others? Haiti

7) The 1950's started off with a bang as the US
National team returned to the World Cup and stunned
the world by defeating England 1-0 on a goal by whom?
And where he comes from?  Joe Gaetjens, Haiti

6) What year the Republic of Haiti had organized its
first and only democratic election?
1990

7)) Who was crown Miss America in 1991? And where she
is from?
Marjorie Vincent, Haiti

8) Can you name three areas in the U.S. and one in
Canada where you are likely find a Haitian community?
Miami, New York, Boston and Montreal

9) Can you name three-elected Haitians official in the
United States?
A) The Honorable Marie St. Fleur, representative of
the 5th Suffolk District of the House of
Representatives of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
B) Mr. Joe Celestin/ Mayor  North Miami
C)   Me. Phillip J. Brutus ,Depute,  108eme District
10) After what event Atlanta had become the number one
destination?  The Olympic