25685: Morse (reply) Brianhaiti, attacks/counterattacks (fwd)

From: OLOFFSONRAM@aol.com

Dear Mr Brianhaiti,
I'm not sure I understand your point. Gangs attack and then go imbed
themselves in the civilian population. Do they not care if they endanger the
lives
of <the innocents>? I saw some gang leaders being interviewed on  television
last night while they were attending Dread Wilme's funeral. I  find the UN
forces bending over backwards to try avoid these armed  conflicts. Some people
don't want peace and if these people imbed  themselves in the civilian
population
after doing their crimes there is  going to be collateral damage, no? I don't
want you to think I'm taking sides. I  believe there is corruption on the side
of the police just as much as there is  on Aristide's side. Those two sides
used to work together. Politically speaking,  if Aristide's people took a non
violent approach, the illegal actions of the  police would be better high
lighted. The problem with Aristide's movement is  that its not based on human
rights or equal rights or liberty of the press or  freedom of expression or job

creation or empowering the poor or any other noble  cause. Its a movement based

on trying to funnel all available money and power  through Aristide. The
movement has no future.
Richard Morse

----- End forwarded message -----