25828: Baraka: (announce)Fwd: Aristide the Film in NY City

From: Baraka <info@barakaproductions.com>

 The 2005 New York Video Festival @ the Film Society's Walter Reade
 Theater at Lincoln Center  presents

"Aristide and the Endless Revolution" by Nicolas Rossier

 Screening Date

Saturday July 30th at 2pm (Walter Reade Theater, 165 West 65th
 Street, on the plaza level at Lincoln Center)
 website: http://www.filmlinc.com/

 For screeners contact:
 Graham Leggat: mailto:gleggat@filmlinc.com
 or call 212/875-5416

 - About the film

An hour south of Miami,the elected president of the Western
 Hemisphere's poorest nation has twice been forced from office with
the complicity of the international community. "Aristide and the
 Endless Revolution" investigates the tragic events that led to the
second violent expulsion of Jean Bertrand Aristide from Haiti. This
documentary reveals the tangled web of hope, deceit, and political
violence that has brought the world's first black republic to its
knees.

 Filmmaker Nicolas Rossier (Brothers and Others) travels to Haiti,
 Pretoria, Boston, Miami, New-York and Barbados to investigate the
 events that led to the collapse of Aristide's government.

 - Quotes from the film

 Once we have elections where we will not have weapons, bloodshed,
 but, on an equal basis, human being freely choosing the one they
 want to lead them, then we will feed our democratic process. Then
 we will break with the tradition of moving from one coup d'etat to
 another coup d'etat, but moving one democratic election to another
 one. That was the goal"
 PRESIDENT - J.B ARISTIDE

 "When you say what's Aristide's future you're also saying what's
 Haiti's future. You know, it's not easy to erase people's memories,
and the people who I'm around, the patients, the people in hills,
 as you said, they're very attached to this guy. And they're not
 going to forget about him."
 PHYSICIAN & ANTHROPOLOGIST - PAUL FARMER

 "Aristide was not perfect, but he represented an institution, if
 allowed to grow and prosper, symbolized another relationship that
Haiti would have to the world"
ACTOR & Activist - DANNY GLOVER

 "We did conclude because of his failure to take advantage of
 opportunities over the years that he probably wasn't going to be
 able to govern the country, but in the final analysis the decision
for him to leave was a decision that he made"
ASST SECRETARY OF STATE - ROGER NORIEGA

 "The orders from on high are that we are to concentrate on this
 question, just how much was Aristide responsible. But we don't have
 to follow the orders from on high, and if we're sensible we see that
 the only question was how it would implode"
 WRITER - NOAM CHOMSKY

- About the Filmmaker

* Nicolas Rossier  *
 Nicolas (Brothers and Others and Life is a Dream) holds a degree in
 Economics and Political Science from the Graduate Institute of
 international Studies in Geneva. Nicolas worked on several film and
 theatrical productions and recently completed his third feature doc
 "Aristide and the Endless Revolution" which will open soon in
 theater. His latest works have appeared on the Hallmark Network,
 Link TV Canadian TV, Danish TV and many other international networks
including PBS. His films have been presented in top festivals and
 venues such as the Rotterdam Film Festival, the Amsterdam Documentary
 film festival or the Brooklyn Academy of Music. In 2001 Nicolas
 founded Baraka Productions and he has now three other film projects
in production.

 For full credit information and director statement visit
Soon: http://www.aristidethefilm.com