25837: Allen(comment)Haiti dedicated to Satan (fwd)

From: "allengatorz@juno.com" <allengatorz@juno.com>

I have been a member of the Corbett list since I came back from Haiti on a short term missions trip with a church from Broward Co. Florida last March.  Before I went I had heard all this stuff about Voodou and decided to do some research which dispelled so many myths.

And of course since being on this list I have learned more.

Recently, I was with two Christians ladies, and one made the remark, "well, didn't you know that Haiti is so bad off because they dedicated their country to Satan."

It really pissed me off that people can be such an expert on Spiritual matters when they have no idea what they are talking about.  I told her to name the sources.  Of course she could not.  I told her I was going to look into it, so I have search some sites that have made these same claims and ask them to email me their sources, and guess what?  no one has responded.

Maybe some of you could help me to get the facts on this statement.

Doug Allen