25911: LeGrace RE:FW: H-French-Colonial: Call for Proposals, International Conference on Social Science Research, Orlando Florida, Dec 4-6, 2005 (fwd)

From: Legrace Benson <legrace@twcny.rr.com>

From LeGrace: Some scholars on this list may be interested to proposes papers to this conference and/or to attend.  Contact  conference site or Jeremy Rich at   H-French-Colonial@H-Net.msu.edu

From: H-Net Network on the History of the French colonialism [mailto:H-FRENCH-COLONIAL@H-NET.MSU.EDU]On Behalf Of Jeremy Rich

**** Second Annual International Conference ****
********** on Social Science Research **********

Hilton Hotel Orlando/Altamonte, Florida. December 4-6, 2005 Proposal
Deadline: 9/15/2005 http://www.centrepp.org/socialscience.html

Submit a Paper Proposal by 9/15/05: <http://www.centrepp.org/socscippr.html>

Offer to be a Chair/Discussant: <http://www.centrepp.org/socscichair.html>

Register to receive a trip to the Conference:
<http://www.centrepp.org/socscifree.html>

*****ABOUT THE CONFERENCE*****

This interdisciplinary conference will draw together faculty members,
research scientists, and professionals from the social sciences, and
provide them with the opportunity to interact with colleagues from
the same field and from other, related fields. Cross-disciplinary
submissions are particularly encouraged as is participation by
international scholars. The disciplines represented will include:

* Anthropology,
* Area Studies (Asia, Latin Am, Europe, America),
* Criminology,
* Economics,
* Geography,
* Gender Studies,
* History,
* International Studies,
* Political Science,
* Policy/Public Administration,
* Psychology,
* Race/Ethnic Studies,
* Sociology, and
* Urban Studies.

The registration fee includes two lunches and two breakfasts as well
as breaks/receptions. The registration fees are discounted by $50 for
people who stay in the conference hotel. Registration fees are lower
for graduate students than for faculty/professionals, and the form is
available on the website <http://www.centrepp.org/socscireg2005.pdf>

To give you some idea of the papers presented at this conference, the
program from the previous conference is located on the conference
website. Here are a few comments from attendees at the meeting last
year:

"I particularly enjoyed the interdisciplinary nature of the meeting,
and that it draws so many international scholars - it provides a
wonderful perspective..."

"The quality of the food was the best that I have experienced at a
professional meeting."

"I appreciated the many opportunities to network with other
researchers - at meals, during receptions and during sessions."

"The meeting was professionally helpful, but it was also a lot of
fun. Make sure you send me information about the next meeting."

*****REGISTER TO WIN A TRIP TO ATTEND THE CONFERENCE*****

We will have a drawing to select one person to who will win a trip to
attend the conference. The winner will receive: Complementary
Conference Registration; Free hotel room during the conference at the
headquarters hotel (three night maximum); a $250 gift certificate
from a travel agency for air travel. This does not cover the cost of
any other aspects of attending the conference, nor does it cover any
meals other than those included in the conference registration.

*****TRAVEL INFORMATION*****

Orlando, is one of the top travel destinations in the United States.
The weather is great (well except for summer which can be a bit
warm), and with Disney and the many theme parks, it is the top
destination for vacationing families. However Orlando has more than
Mickey Mouse; the city is a short drive from the beach and there is
now a vibrant nightlife. With golf, NASA, and Universal Studios,
Orlando is a great place to visit in the winter. If you wish to
extend your stay, the hotel will honor the conference rage for three
days before or after the meeting.

For more information on the conference, including hotel information,
travel information, registration information, presentation formats
and to submit a proposal on-line, please go to the website:
http://www.centrepp.org/socialscience.html

This conference is sponsored by the Centre for Policy and Practice,
an independent, nonpartisan organization that supports research and
its application to real world questions. This work is
inter-disciplinary in nature. Form more information:

Centre for Policy and Practice
http://www.centrepp.org/socialscience.html
900 E. Seventh St., #202
Bloomington, IN 47405