25965: Hermantin (replY) Re: 25950: Rossier: (reply) Re: 25938: Hermantin(reply) Rossier on Jacqueline Charles (fwd (fwd)

From: leonie hermantin <lhermantin@hotmail.com>

I think that Mr. Rossier's accusations are so unfounded that they do not merit further replies ( at least from me) . It is obvious that he is NOT familiar at all with Ms. Charles. He should read her stuff on Jean Juste, on the plight of the Haitian refugees, etc. Ms. Charles has worked at the Herald for most of her professional life and has covered issues related to social services, the Haitian community of South Florida and Haiti. She has been attacked multiple times by anti-Arisistide folks here for what they consider her pro-Lavalas bias.

In the article cited by Mr. Rosier she did try to give a balance view by talking to Aristide's lawyer and other members of his party.

With regards to the Herald, I would probably say that it is middle of the road to the right on some issues ( Cuba) and somewhat leaning to the left on others. They have supported Aristide in the past, have supported Group 184, etc..

Regards,

Leonie