25976: Corbett: More fun books into my library

From Bob Corbett

Yesteday was a joyous day. Two books I've been awaiting arrived, one from far off Australia!!!

I added two books two my collection.

The first is Felix Morisseau-Leroy's ANTIGONE EN CREOLE. This is the full text of the play, "Antigone En Creole" which was produced in Haiti in 1954.

There are three "versions" of this book listed:

-- A 1953 issue published in Port-au-Prince.
-- A 1954 issue published in Petionville.
-- A 1972 reprint edition published by the German publisher Krauss.

My copy is the 1954 Petionville issue and in very fine condition. I was delighted.

This book is especially valuable in looking at the orthography of the Creole Morisseau-Leroy used in 1953.

The second book is one of which I already had a xerox copy, but had never seen "an original." Now i have one. It is a book length study the
Alfred Metraux, great anthropologist, entitled:

MAKING A LIVING IN THE MARBIAL VALLEY (HAITI).  This was published by
UNESCO in 1951 and printed in Paris.

The work was done in conjunction with Mr. E. Barrouet and Mrs. Jean
Comhaire-Sylvain.

My copy is beat up and yellowing, but complete and intact and easy to read.

It's such a delight to see what each day's mail holds since my poor postal deliverer has to bring several books a day to me, and at least a few each week are for the collection itself.

I must have more fun than anyone else I know!!!!

Bob Corbett