26022: Jay: Re: 25995: (a question) About Mr Simeus' candidacy (fwd)

From: Jepiem@aol.com

Can we honestly talk about the constitution of 1987 when we have been  living
in complete disrespect of the same. My interpretation is that a foreign
power or foreign powers came in, took away the constiturional president,
parachuted in their own ( effectively the Prime Minister) brought in an  army
of
armed
soldiers of all shades, gave them free reins and no  allegeance to haitian so
called authorities and are even pronouncing themselves  on who should or
should not be aspiring to run the country through the voice of  their appointed

diplomats. I have some qusstions about Mr Simeus's candidacy,  but they have
nothing to do with his not fulfilling the constitutional  requirements. Quite
the
contrary. I would rather want to know if he is going to  perpetrate the
trampling of Haiti's sovereignty and if he is just using his  native vodou
roots
fool the people once more. We have seen too many examples  of that and some
darkly illustrious ones in recent past. (Recent as of forty  years and
thereafter)
Math Jay