26068: Minsky: (reply) Dailey 26015 simeus & how do Haitian passport holders in the US register (fwd)

From: Tequila Minsky <tminsky@ix.netcom.com>

I was told that its not the CEP's role to qualify candidates. Someone has to officially challenge
one's quaiifications. Anyone actually know the procedure.

I have also been told there is no mechanism for people holding Haitian passports in the United States to register (and get that ID card) here even if they want to vote in Haiti. Does anyone on the list know of Haitians in the United States working on this issue?

Dailey wrote:
Haiti needs a government of laws and not men. And since Article 135 is
entirely straightforward and unambiguous,
one sincerely hopes that some court or commission will issue a ruling disqualifying Mr. Simeus, and do it soon.