26102: Benson: (reply) RE: 26099: Morse (ask) Re: 26075: Jrigdon: (reply) Re: Walton (Discuss) RE: 26021: JRig (fwd)

From: Legrace Benson <legrace@twcny.rr.com>

Benson Reply Richard Morse

Although I have seen Kreyol school books done from both perspectives, by far
the greater number of those I have seen (note the sample limits) are either
from a general Haitian perspective, especially the ones that use traditional
folk tales for reading, arithmetic and environmental education, or from
Diaspora perspective where the authors have been aware of a need for
bilingual education in the US.

It is a great pleasure to see this discussion unfold on "Corbettland."  It
evidences a growing awareness of the childrens' needs as well as generating
ideas for moving toward some good solutions. This concern for the
native-tongue education of Haitian children may well be the most serious and
productive thread on this list.