26164: RE: Davis on Katrina and Haitians

From: "Davis, Karen" <kdavis@marygrove.edu>

 Bob:
It strikes me that some of the displaced folks in New Orleans & environs
are Haitians or Haitian-Americans, some of them without available family
to help, who might want to find placement with Creole-
speaking families or communities. Can you think of a way we could help
coordinate such offers? I am sure people in various cities--Detroit,
Chicago, Boston, Atlanta, etc. would help once people are able to
travel? Just a thought. Maybe you or someone else on the list has some
ideas.
Thanks
Karen

Karen F. Dimanche Davis, Ph.D.
Associate Professor and Chair, Humanities Department
Marygrove College
8425 W. McNichols
Detroit, Michigan 48221, U.S.A.
Telephone: 313-927-1352