26179: Simidor responds to Raber re: Fernandez visit in NYC (fwd)

From: daniel simidor <danielsimidor@yahoo.com>

Why should one type of abuse overshadow another?  How
can you ask the people in need in the Dominican
Republic to wait their turn, when nothing is being
done about the restavèk children in Haiti?  But it
never fails. Every time the call goes out to correct
one particular injustice, there are always people to
object, ?What about this one?  What about that one??
Sorry folks, it?s just a delaying tactic for not doing
anything at all.

As I said, Leonel Fernandez is coming to NYC and
Washington the week of Sep 11.  Speaking primarily to
the Haitians on the list, are we going to send him
home with a strong message from the streets of NYC, or
are we not?  A demonstration is being planned for
Wednesday, Sep. 14, at Lehman College in the Bronx.
Haitians from the tri-State area ? NYC, Long Island,
Upstate, NJ, Connecticut and Philadelphia ? should
take the day off and make it a point to attend.  It?s
a simple matter of immigrant solidarity, folks!