26196: Moonves: (comments) Book Madame Dread (fwd)

From: Melissa Moonves <mmoonves@hotmail.com>

I just finished reading Kathie Klarreich's "Madame Dread", a fascinating memoir of her ten years in Haiti, and can strongly recomend it to anyone interested in knowing more about the intricacies of this intriguing Caribbean island. I am not a stranger to Haiti but I still learned so much about its beautiful culture and people. Kathie really got in deep and she does a great job sharing her personal, professional and political experiences in a time of great turmoil and instability. She intimately shares her personal journey, of taking incredible risks and developing new strengths most of us never get the chance to test in ourselves. Unable to speak Creole, she had the courage to settle in Haiti, and learned not only the language, but a new profession and a new outlook on life and love.

Melissa Moonves