16226: Craig (reply) re: 26226-Guy Antoine: For Kevin Pina, Jean Ristil, et al. (fwd)

From: Dan Craig <sak-pase@bimini.ws>

Daniel Simidor was right on the mark in his earlier post on this subject; if it happened in the US, we would be outraged -- and rightly so.

That said, Americans seem to spend far too much time minding other peoples' business, while failing to respect their right to conduct their affairs as their culture sees fit. We often do not show other nations the same respect we demand be extended to our own.

As individuals, we can and should be concerned about what goes on in Haiti and elsewhere. I just don't believe it's the prerogative of the Federal government to micromanage all that happens every place else. Unless the advice or assistance of the US of A is solicited by a person or entity in authority, I would like to see us mind our own business more.