26236: Barthelemy (reply) Re: 26233: Hermantin(News)He improved relations with city's Haitians (fwd)

From: rudy barthelemy <kreyolconnection@yahoo.com>

I had the chance to have met Johnny Pun in November
1997 and worked with him at the Board of Haitian
Center for Family Services (defunct). He was the Vice
President when I was intronised as Board Secretary.

Three weeks or so ago, while on my way to the
Fifteenth Judicial Palm Beach County Courthouse for a
deposition, Jhonny and I met again fortitiously at the
main entrance of the building, on his way to testify
(as a police officer) in one of these many cases.  We
met and spoke casually about several things and
nothing in particular.  Overally about the going
abouts of the Haitians in the community... I remember
taking a joke at him for that funny way he usualy
holds his cigarette when he is smoking, for we were
both taking a puff before entering the building.

Johnny is younger than me but he is not an inspiration
for just those younger than him.  He is overally an
example and an inspiration for his peers and even
those older than him.  His accidental is simply a
dumfumbling tragedy that leaves many of us
baffled and shocked beyond words.

It's unbelievable that Johnny has to go this way.
Really, bon yo pa dire!

Roody

http://mail.yahoo.com