26290: Rossier: Re: 26250: Dailey re 26226 (Antoine)and 26239 (Jean-Pierre) (fwd)

From: Nicolas Rossier <n.rossier@worldnet.att.net>

 Mr. Dailey,

Your long email add to the whole confusion. It is quite simple. A president
was elected
for 5 years in Haiti and we would not be here today in Haiti if the opposition
had accepted the Caricom plan agreed by Aristide in February 2004.

A good majority of Haitians (seen by your colleagues as lacking the right
education to choose freely their representative) don't understand why their
leader was sent in a plane
to Central Africa.

You might say everything you want against people who support the lavalas
majority
but I wonder what the human rights situation would be today in Haiti without
IJDH and a few
zealots like KPina and GDelva who dare to speak out despite weekly death
threats
against them. It is thanks to them that people massacred or jailed by the HNP
have
a voice in Haiti.

Even if you don't agree with Arsitide's policy or Lavalas agenda or don't
think he was the right leader
for Haiti, you need to accept one crucial fact which is that Haiti is in much
worse shape today than before February 2004.

I believe that the people today in Haiti who cheered Guy Philippe in 2004 as
their freedom fighter feel extremely unease today. I let you ponder on this
great quote taken from NKlein in a recent article in the Guardian:

« Aristide is certainly no saint. But even if the worst of the allegations are
true, they pale next to the rap sheets of the convicted killers, drug
smugglers and arms traders who ousted Aristide and continue to enjoy free
rein, with full support from the Bush Administration and the UN. Turning Haiti
over to this underworld gang out of concern for Aristide's lack of "good
governance" is like escaping an annoying date by accepting a lift home from
Charles Manson ».