26651: Kondrat (reply) Re: 26626: Port Haiti (comment) (fwd)

From: Peter Kondrat <petekondrat@yahoo.com>

  There are just a couple of things wrong with the posting from the "Campaign
Restore the Rule of Law in Haiti."

  First, this is not the sort of material that ought to be circulated or
posted
anonymously. Who is behind this "campaign"? Would anyone care to  take a wild
guess?

  Second, Mr. Simeus can kickstart his campaign to restore the rule of  law by
reading the constitution of the nation he wishes to govern. Mr.  Simeus, a US
citizen, cannot be president of Haiti. When he became a US  citizen, he
renounced his Haitian citizenship.

  An aside: as an American, I can say to Haitians that it really is best  to
keep your Supreme Court out of the business of deciding elections.  We tried it
in 2000. You really never know what you are going to get  ...

  Mr. Simeus has a lot to contribute, and I hope he will do so. But he  cannot
become president of Haiti, any more than Bob Corbett can.

  Peter Kondrat