26683: Sylvain (announce) Publication, my latest collection (fwd)

From: patrick sylvain <sylvaipa@hotmail.com>

Ethelbert Miller, Poet and
Writer

Monday, November 14, 2005

I received Patrick Sylvain's new poetry book in the mail today. The title
is LOVE, LUST & LOSS (LANMOU, ANVI, PEDANS). Patrick writes in English
and also Haitian Creole. He lives in Somerville.
From the author's note in the book:
"Where to start? Creatively, 2003 (and to some extent, 2004) was a
difficult year. Confined within a crippling state of writer's block, I
was unable to produce of interpolate my inner voice and converge with it
on paper. My writing had been suffering as a consequence of emotional and
work-related stress, demands on my time and the Haitian political strife
that hammered my nerves. I inhabited a state of desolation where I was
unable to build upon the creative fragments that somersaulted in my
imagination."

Publisher:Memoire d'encrier
554, rue Bourgeoyes, H3K 2M4
Montreal, Quebec
Tel: 514 989-1491
www.memoiredencrier.com

- posted by Ethelbert Miller @ 10:21 AM

You can also order "Love, Lust & Loss" at:

www.portersquarebooks.com; www.schoenhofs.com; www.harvard.com or call
the Harvard book store at: 1-800-542-read; www.grolierpoetrybooks.com;
www.brooklinebooksmith.com; also, Northeastern University Barnes&Nobles
has it. The cost is $15.00.