26700: Lebleu: (ask) Digital Map Request of Port-au-Prince (fwd)

From: Anne Lebleu <al2293@columbia.edu>

I am a graduate student at Columbia finishing up a semester long project on the preservation of the built fabric and overall urban development of Port-au-Prince, Haiti. I am having trouble finding a recent digital map of Port-au-Prince with its neighborhoods. Due to time restrictions, I am unable to visit Port-au-Prince, so any other information people may want to share on the neighborhoods of Port-au-Prince is welcome. Descriptions of homes, or the current urban and living conditions in Port-au-Prince. I know that the urban situation has deteriorated in recent years, and was wondering if certain urban trends have developed as a result. Are there certain architectural elements being retained despite the urban strife? Have certain social customs preserved architectural traditions or vice-versa? Do the people of Port-au-Prince consider these issues at all important, or do they focus on more daily, and certainly more relevant issues like water access, sanitation etc?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Anne Lebleu