26715: kathleen (reply) Re: 26709: Blanchet: (comment) Fwd: The Travail of Haitian Electoral Boards (fwd)

From: Kathleen <kathleenmb@adelphia.net>

All of Blanchet's observations ring true until one reaches the last
paragraph -  "15 million dollars to be managed by Haiti's Central Bank."
How quickly one forgets - the closing down of BHD by Aristide's SWAT team in
January 2002 'for the protection of the depositors', confiscation of money
in accounts and furnishings, promises by the then head of the Central Bank
to resolve things in three months 'to even Chavannes' satisfaction' he said,
the subsequent revelation of that head's corruption and checks to Aristide,
the appointment of a new head, the firing of that new head...............
I had more than $20,000 in a CD in that bank.  Neither I nor any of the
other people and groups that lost money have had any redress from the
Central Bank.
I would submit that the Central Bank has an important job to do before it is
entrusted with any amount of money from anyone.  Kathleen