26721: Morse (more comments) re: Wharram (commentary) Undermining Haiti (fwd)

From: OLOFFSONRAM@aol.com

I'm not sure i understand the comment that refers to those  who oppose
Aristide as, <however small in numbers>. Is this  really The Nation?? Sounds
like a
comment by some one who wasn't in Haiti  at the time. I'm in no position to
defend all of the actions of this  transitional government. Some of the things
they do are simply awful, but it's  silly to try and present a case whereby
Aristide's government wasn't in some way  responsible for it's own fate. When
50%
of what Arisitde's supporters say is  true, and another 50% is false and
another 50% is unsaid, then you end up  with 150% of bull***t.
You folks are discrediting <the left> with your nonsense and your  kangaroo
courts. You've adopted all the horrible traits you probably grew up  fighting.
You're making a mockery of yourselves. You're becoming a bunch of  leftist
Rush Limbaughs. Is that the strategy?? It worked for them so we'll try  it???
One thing I have to say about Castro. He doesn't believe in freedom of
speech, and you know where he stands. In that sense, he's not a  hypocrite. He
doesn't say he believes in freedom of speech while he's  ordering the
assassination of journalists and burning down radio stations.
Try grabbing the truth by the horns for a while and running with that. It
should get you where you want to go. Remember though, when you do grab the
horns of truth you're going to end up letting go of  Aristide.