26754: Morse (reply) Boswell: (reply) Re: 26721: Morse (more comments) re: Wha (fwd)

From: OLOFFSONRAM@aol.com

Dear Mr Boswell,

I'm not quite sure what your getting at. If Aristide could have stayed, he
would have stayed. Aristide was a hypocrite. He had already betrayed most of
the  people that could have helped him in his time of need. I talked to a lot
of

 those people myself. He wasn't helping the poor, he was helping himself. And
 then there's the constant lying. I ask you one simple question. How is it
that  he was <kidnapped> and his wife , who was sitting next to him, wasn't?
Did

 you ever hear Mr and Mrs Aristide were kidnapped?? Where were you on Feb.
29,  2004? I was with Aristide's Haitian security. Twice. 2am and 4am. Needed

room. Now those folks had an interesting perspective.

The reason I brought up Mr Castro was to high light the differences of
people <from the left>. Within 2 years Castro's education system was in  place
with
a significant impact on illiteracy. What did Aristide do in 2 years  or three
years or five years? Castro sends doctors around the world. Aristide  was
more interested in cell phones and phone cards, foreign bank accounts, drug
payoffs. My people started moving out of Belair in 2000-2001. Gangs were being

brought in to act as police and extort small businesses. Beating people with
impunity. They were the law. Aristide's law.
I don't know if I'm answering your questions. Don't get me wrong, Aristide
did some positive things...I just can't remember them right now. Give me a
couple of years to get over the deception.
The police right now are often times just as corrupt as ever. Sometimes
gangs and police are working together and sometimes they're killing each
other.

Gangs mingle within civilian populations and there's collateral damage. Its
awful. The sanctity of human life. I know there are people who would like to
wipe out City Soleil and I believe there are Haitian regimes of the past that
would have done it already. I don't find that to be a solution. Dialogue is my

recommendation and then going after the criminal element, whether he's in
uniform or not.
Richard Morse