26798: Labrom (reply) Re 26783 Facts about Creole (fwd)

From voyageslumiere@haitelonline.com

I was always finding people from Mauritius in Central London when I
lived there and we would always gab away in Kreyol. At the beginning
they were like " who is this blanc woman in London who speaks Kreyol"?
They were very interested to hear that I had learned it in Haiti.

Then I was at a Haitian Diplomatic party in London one time with a bunch
of people from the Seychelles High Commission, including the ex
President Jimmy Mancham, and we had great fun discussing the differences
in Seychellois Kreyol and Haitian Kreyol. I would always keep my ears
open in cosmopolitan London for any Kreyol speakers and immediately
speak to  them!!! I was swaf to hear Kreyol!

Jacqui Labrom

VOYAGES LUMIERE

email: voyageslumiere@haitelonline.com
NB new website address: voyage without S!

Look at our website: www.voyagelumierehaiti.com

'Journeys for the enlightened traveler'
'Voyages pour le touriste éclairé'
'Viajes para el turista iluminado'

Office/home numbers: (509) 249-6177/557-0753