28171: lyall: cilantro in haitian cooking (fwd)

from jdlyall:

Bob Corbett wrote:
when I first use it, even before making the dish once, I will already
start saying, hmmmm, but that could use a little tarragon, or, what, no
cilantro??  Good grief I put cilantro in damn near everything except
tapioca pudding!  And so on.

I have missed cilantro in Haiti. I've tried to put cilantro in black beans, Cuban style, but Madamn will not hear of it. We saw cilantro in Santo Domingo, but the Haitians apparently do not like it.

This is very mysterious. Are there any Haitians out there who are familiar with cilantro in country cooking?