#238: Creole words from English: Bellegarde adds: (fwd)

From: P D Bellegarde-Smith <pbs@csd.uwm.edu>

The Haitian language (Creole), has incorporated many words from
English (American language) sources. Might these be some?
Kanif (knife), masisi (my sissy), pomket (plum cake), myas (as in pye m
santi myas), anzo (hands up); there are others that escape me at the
moment. Kreyo mwen pa fin 'yes.' Anyone cares to add to the list?
What of Portuguese/Kongo words, such as "bunda" and "kachimbo?"