#209: recognition in Guide Book (fwd)

From:Nlbo@aol.com

Corbettland,
I know it is not wise to "blow your own horn". I will take the liberty to do
it for  three members in Corbetland, Emmanuel Vedrine, Father Jean Yves UrfiE
and Bob himself who are recognized for their contributions to that Haitian
guide book  published in l999. I believe it's by Little Planet. There may be
others whom I am not familiar with in Corbetland. This is why I only mention
the names I recognize.
I don't have the book.  A friend of mine does. It is very comprehensive and
among the best I have seen. It did advise visitors not to go to Cite Soleil.
Today the  Globe reported a U.S citizen was killed in the area. It did not
reveal the victim's identity because next of kin was not yet notified. It did
not mention either whether it is was a Haitian-American or an anglo-American.
Okay,
Nekita