Police Brutalization of Haitian, in NJ (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 02:33:20 EDT
From:NLaleau@aol.com
To: bcorbett@netcom.com
Cc: gstenio@sprintmail.com
Subject: Police Brutalization of Haitian, in NJ

Subj:    Police Brutalization of Haitian, in NJ
Date:   99-08-30 00:39:55 EDT
To:       Bob Corbett
From:    Nancy Laleau

Dear Bob,

I was away for two days and when I got back, found this in my e-mail from a
very trusted friend.  Would you print it?  It's okay to put it on web pages
"for discussion groups."  (See the bottom.)

Thought you might like to see this article on another Haitian immigrant
brutalization--similar to the Abner Louima case--in the US, that hasn't made
the news evidently.  It charges the police with behaving "like the Ton-Ton
Macoutes".  The police beating was like the Rodney King case--none of the
more than ten officers present tried to stop it.  The Story is from
Counterpunch, the newsletter of Alexander Cockburn, published in Washington.

Have you seen the reply to that new "confession" story about Mumia Abu-Jamal
that you may have heard about through Vanity Fair magazine or ABC's 20/20
show?