#423: Kudzu : Laleau comments

From:NLaleau@aol.com

I can understand the pressure to solve the erosion crisis -- I feel it too --
but before planting kudzu I think a whole lot of research needs to be done
very quickly, because it's always possible to make a bad situation worse --
remember the Kreyol expression, "pongongong"?  Well, it might just apply to
kudzu!  Can you imagine the whole island with nothing but kudzu growing on
it, choking every last stalk of corn and mango tree?  Somehow I doubt that
Haitian people would enjoy eating kudzu even though it has nutritional
value...  Thanks for the explanation, Mihoko!

Nancy Laleau