#447: Martha O'Brien ask about use of Haitian images in fund-raising project (fwd)

From: Martha O'Brien <mobfa1@scotus.sfcpa.edu>

The Haiti "twinning" project at the school where I teach is in the
process of gearing up for this year's fund-raisers.  We would like to
have some sort of display indicating our progress (sort of like the
"thermometers" often used for this purpose.)  It has been proposed
that we use Haitian images from the internet for this purpose.
Some of these images are of Vodou flags.  If we were to use these
images, would followers of Vodou be offended?  Certainly we do not
want to offend anyone and will not use the images if it would be
considered offensive.

Please reply to me directly:

mobrien@sfcpa.edu